Date: Friday, May 4, 2018
Time: 5:30 PM – 11:30 PM [DOORS OPEN AT 5PM]
Location: Newark Brewery, 200 U.S. Highway 1, Newark, NJ 07114
Price: $50 per person (includes unlimited beer and food offerings, bus transport)
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY!!
Join The Chemists’ Club again for an amazing evening!! A great way to kick off the weekend with other young professionals, great food and lots of beer!!! This is what had happened last year, and those who attended had a blast!!
This upcoming tour will be a lot better!!
Schedule of the event are as follows:
5:30 PM – Complete tour of the brewery
7:00 PM – Art of Craft Beer Presentation
Tour of the entire plant including:
- Filling line processing 2,500 cans/ minute (yes per minute), the line will be running
- Fermentation operation – same process as used in Pharma, BioMass-Ethanol, AntiBiotics production, Biotech molecule synthesis,
- Grain handling, water purification, waste water treatment, refrigeration, steam production, power transmission
- Unit operations including: milling, separations, mixing, heat exchangers, reactors, filtering, pasteurization, solids and liquid handling
- Unlimited beer of the many varieties including craft/specialty beers
- A gourmet prepared food feast of unique dishes to compliment the assortment of beers with lessons on pairing the food to beer
- Presentation on the Science/Art of making beer and the fermentation process
Transport from Newark Penn Station supplied chartered bus (paid by Chemists’ Club):
Train times to arrival at Newark Penn Station (downtown Newark):
B.) 11:30pm – Bus return from brewery back to train station-Newark Penn Station
For those driving, parking is provided at no charge at the brewery.